Premium Forwarding Services
Our Premium Forwarding Service® (PFS®) options offer residential and business customers more flexibility and control over when and where they receive mail. If you would like to forward your mail while you relocate for a while or want to get all your business mail in one place, USPS® forwarding services can help you manage your mail.
If you’re moving permanently or would like to use our free temporary forwarding option, see Standard Mail Forwarding.
Premium Services Quick CompareExpand All
|Forwarding Service||Who is it for?||How long is it for?||How often is it delivered?||Fees||Shipping Service|
|Premium Forwarding Service Residential®||
Shipped via Priority Mail® service
|Premium Forwarding Service Commercial®||
Choose delivery frequency
Mail bundled and reshipped from one business address to a new business address via Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express® service
Premium Forwarding Service Residential
With Premium Forwarding Service Residential® (PFS-Residential®), your mail is packed up at your local Post Office™ facility and forwarded weekly by Priority Mail.
Learn more about what mail items you’ll receive with PFS-Residential and when you can expect them to arrive.
- Registered Mail® and Priority Mail Express items are immediately rerouted to you.
- Priority Mail items are immediately rerouted or sent with your weekly box, whichever is faster.
- First-Class Mail® items, periodicals, and marketing notices are forwarded weekly.
- Large First-Class Mail, Media Mail, and USPS Retail Ground packages are automatically forwarded for free.
NOTE: PFS-Residential is available for domestic addresses only; this service is not available for APO/FPO/DPO or Guam addresses.
Forwarding usually begins the Wednesday following your enrollment. Most Post Office locations send PFS-Residential shipments on Wednesdays.
- Each week, we will email you the USPS Tracking® number for your weekly Priority Mail delivery.
- We will email you even if you didn’t receive any mail that week.
PFS-Residential has an enrollment fee and a weekly fee.
- Enrollment fees (non-refundable)
- $20.10 if you enroll online
- $21.90 if you enroll at the Post Office
- Weekly fees
- $21.90 for each week of service whether you enrolled in person or online.
If you enroll online, you can manage your order online.
- Plan ahead.
- Cancel any other forwarding or change of address requests.
- Allow 7-10 days to receive your first Priority Mail delivery.
If you enroll in PFS-Residential at the Post Office, you cannot manage your order online.
- You must enroll at the Post Office where your PO Box is located.
- Take 2 forms of ID with you to the Post Office:
- Primary ID with a clear photo
- Secondary ID as proof of residence at the forwarding address
You may make changes to a PFS-Residential order online if you enrolled online.
Premium Forwarding Service Commercial
Premium Forwarding Service Commercial® allows business customers with an active PO Box™ or street address to temporarily forward all mail to their domestic business address using Priority Mail Express or Priority Mail.