Informed Delivery Video
Learn more about Informed Delivery with this interactive video experience. Watch the video above to discover how an Informed Delivery interactive campaign can help you meet your business objectives!
Informed Delivery® for Business Mailers
Create Once. Connect Everywhere.
The U.S. Postal Service® is enhancing the mail experience nationwide with Informed Delivery—an optional notification service that provides eligible residential consumers with a daily digital preview of their household's mail.
Informed Delivery offers business mailers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail and digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
- Informed Delivery Overview (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign Guide (PDF)
- Campaign Image Requirements (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign FAQs (PDF)
Informed Delivery is available to eligible residential consumers in the majority of ZIP Codes™ across the country.
Download our Users and Household Data (Excel) to learn more about our growing user base.
Interested in Conducting an Informed Delivery Interactive Campaign?
Once you review the Quick Links, there are two ways to submit an Informed Delivery campaign:
- Mailer Campaign Portal — The Portal is now available to all business mailers via the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) under the "Other Services" tab. Reference the Mailer Campaign Portal User Guide to get started.
- PostalOne!® — Reference the PostalOne! technical guides for Informed Delivery on PostalPro or contact the PostalOne! support team at USPSInformedDeliveryeDoc@usps.gov for more information.
Email USPSInformedDeliveryCampaigns@USPS.gov with campaign-related questions.
How It Works for Consumers
Participating consumers can preview grayscale images of the outside of their household’s letter-sized mailpieces that will be arriving soon. Mailpiece images are available via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
The process is simple:
- Consumer signs up for Informed Delivery.
- Mail is imaged during processing.
- Images are matched to delivery points and mailer interactive campaigns are applied.
- User receives mailpiece images.
- User receives physical mailpieces.
What Consumers Are Saying
Many consumers are already using Informed Delivery.
Here's what they have to say.1
95% of users are satisfied or very satisfied with Informed Delivery
96% would recommend Informed Delivery to friends, family, or colleagues
70% of notifications are opened daily (on average)
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase their marketing campaign reach through a synchronized physical and digital touchpoint. This feature allows you to:
- Receive multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Enhance the customer call to action with interactive digital content.
- Connect with customers whenever, wherever—even as they travel—through a computer or mobile device.
If you're interested in signing up for Informed Delivery and experiencing the benefits of the feature first-hand, visit informeddelivery.usps.com to see if your residential address or P.O. Box™ is eligible.
Next Generation Campaign Award™
The judges have reviewed the entries and selected the finalists for the 2018 Next Generation Campaign Award contest.
Congratulations to finalists AccuZIP, Carson & Barnes Circus, Hayneedle, and PremierIMS.
Come to the National Postal Forum in San Antonio, Texas from May 6–8, 2018 to vote for the Grand Champion.
Get inspired to create your campaign for the 2019 contest. Check out these innovative campaigns.
Data from July 2017 User Survey.