Informed Delivery Video
Learn more about Informed Delivery with this interactive video experience. Discover how an Informed Delivery interactive campaign can help you meet your business objectives!
Informed Delivery® for Business Mailers
Create Once. Connect Everywhere.
The U.S. Postal Service® is enhancing the mail experience nationwide with Informed Delivery—an optional notification service that provides eligible residential consumers with a digital preview of their household's mail.
Informed Delivery offers business mailers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail and digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
- Informed Delivery Overview (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign Guide (PDF)
- Campaign Image Requirements (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign FAQs (PDF)
- Users and Household Data (Excel)
Informed Delivery is available to eligible residential consumers in the majority of ZIP Codes™ across the country.
Interested in Conducting an Informed Delivery Interactive Campaign?
Once you review the Quick Links, there are two ways to enter and submit an Informed Delivery campaign:
Mailer Campaign Portal
- Please reference the Mailer Campaign Portal User Guide to get started.
- The Portal is available to all business mailers via the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) under the "Other Services" tab.
- Please reference the PostalOne! technical guides for Informed Delivery on PostalPro for more information.
- Contact the PostalOne! support team at USPSInformedDeliveryeDoc@usps.gov for more information.
Need additional Informed Delivery campaign support?
Email us (USPSInformedDeliveryCampaigns@USPS.gov) or call us (1-877-329-7206). Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT with the exception of federal holidays observed by USPS®.
How It Works for Consumers
Users have the ability to view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-size mailpieces arriving soon. Mailpiece images are available via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
The process is simple:
- Consumer signs up for Informed Delivery.
- Mail is imaged during processing.
- Images are matched to delivery points and mailer interactive campaigns are applied.
- User receives mailpiece images.
- User receives physical mailpieces.
If you're interested in signing up for Informed Delivery and experiencing the benefits of the feature first-hand, visit informeddelivery.usps.com to see if your residential address or P.O. Box™ is eligible.
What Consumers Are Saying
Many consumers are already using Informed Delivery.
Here's what they have to say.1
89% of users are satisfied or very satisfied with Informed Delivery
93% would recommend Informed Delivery to friends, family, or colleagues
70% of notifications are opened daily (on average)
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase the reach of their marketing campaign through a synchronized physical and digital touchpoint. This feature allows you to:
- Reach engaged consumers. Tap into an engaged user base that delivers higher-than-average email open rates.
- Increase interaction. Generate multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Encourage faster responses. Offers, interactive content, and a clear call-to-action to help increase consumer response.
- Reach customers digitally from their physical address. Expand your reach and audience base.
- Get more bang for your buck. Potentially increase return on investment (ROI) for your campaign.
- Measure campaign performance. Gain valuable data insights that can help optimize your marketing spend.
The Informed Delivery Calculator allows mailers to estimate how Informed Delivery interactive campaigns can enhance their Direct Mail campaigns. This tool uses mail volume and spend to approximate the impact of Informed Delivery in four mailing areas: reach, attention, response, and conversions.
2019 Next Generation Campaign Awards™
The Next Generation Campaign Awards recognize mail owners, agencies, and printers that create innovative, engaging, and effective mail campaigns.
This year, there were two categories:
- Grand Champion (for campaigns with interactive Informed Delivery content)
- Innovative B2B Campaign Award (Informed Delivery not required)
The entry period for this year’s contest is now closed. Check back soon to see the finalists.
Grand Champion finalists and the Innovative B2B Campaign Award winner will be showcased at the 2019 National Postal Forum and in USPS marketing materials.
Data from April 2018 User Survey.