Informed Delivery Video
Learn more about Informed Delivery with this interactive video experience. Discover how an Informed Delivery interactive campaign can help you meet your business objectives!
Informed Delivery® for Business Mailers
Create Once. Connect Everywhere.
The U.S. Postal Service® is enhancing the mail experience nationwide with Informed Delivery—an optional notification service that provides eligible residential consumers with a digital preview of their household's mail.
Informed Delivery offers business mailers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail and digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
- Informed Delivery Overview (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign Guide (PDF)
- Campaign Image Requirements (PDF)
- Campaign Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Interactive Campaign FAQs (PDF)
- Users and Household Data (Excel)
Informed Delivery is available to eligible residential consumers in the majority of ZIP Codes™ across the country.
Interested in Conducting an Informed Delivery Interactive Campaign?
Once you review the Quick Links, there are two ways to enter and submit an Informed Delivery campaign:
Mailer Campaign Portal
- Please reference the Mailer Campaign Portal User Guide to get started.
- The Portal is available to all business mailers via the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) under the "Other Services" tab.
- Please reference the PostalOne! technical guides for Informed Delivery on PostalPro for more information.
- Contact the PostalOne! support team at USPSInformedDeliveryeDoc@usps.gov for more information.
Need additional Informed Delivery campaign support?
Email us (USPSInformedDeliveryCampaigns@USPS.gov) or call us (1-877-329-7206). Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT with the exception of federal holidays observed by USPS®.
Freville Farms and Informed Delivery
In Growing What’s Good, Freville Farm’s Sarah Friedman explores how small farms and businesses can build community and results through the creative use of mail, Informed Delivery and their digital channels.
Sarah is passionate about launching a movement: #KnowWhereYourFoodComesFrom.
This video shows her journey and how she’s leveraged tools from the United States Postal Service to grow her business and her cause.
How It Works for Consumers
Users have the ability to view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-size mailpieces arriving soon. Mailpiece images are available via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
The process is simple:
- Consumer signs up for Informed Delivery.
- Mail is imaged during processing.
- Images are matched to delivery points and mailer interactive campaigns are applied.
- User receives mailpiece images.
- User receives physical mailpieces.
If you're interested in signing up for Informed Delivery and experiencing the benefits of the feature first-hand, visit informeddelivery.usps.com to see if your residential address or P.O. Box™ is eligible.
What Consumers Are Saying
Many consumers are already using Informed Delivery.
Here's what they have to say.1
89% of users are satisfied or very satisfied with Informed Delivery
93% would recommend Informed Delivery to friends, family, or colleagues
70% of notifications are opened daily (on average)
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase the reach of their marketing campaign through a synchronized physical and digital touchpoint. This feature allows you to:
- Reach engaged consumers. Tap into an engaged user base that delivers higher-than-average email open rates.
- Increase interaction. Generate multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Encourage faster responses. Offers, interactive content, and a clear call-to-action to help increase consumer response.
- Reach customers digitally from their physical address. Expand your reach and audience base.
- Get more bang for your buck. Potentially increase return on investment (ROI) for your campaign.
- Measure campaign performance. Gain valuable data insights that can help optimize your marketing spend.
The Informed Delivery Calculator allows mailers to estimate how Informed Delivery interactive campaigns can enhance their Direct Mail campaigns. This tool uses mail volume and spend to approximate the impact of Informed Delivery in four mailing areas: reach, attention, response, and conversions.
2020 Next Generation Campaign Awards™
The Postal Service conducts an annual contest to recognize the mail owners, agencies, and printers who create innovative mail campaigns.
To enter, submit your integrated campaign of mailpieces, Informed Delivery content, and the website URL by Friday, February 14, 2020.
We will highlight the Grand Champion Award finalists and the Innovative B2B Campaign Award winner, as well as select the Grand Champion at the 2020 National Postal Forum in Orlando, Florida on April 28, 2020.
See past winners, read contest rules, and find out how to enter your campaign.
Data from April 2018 User Survey.