Informed Delivery for Business Mailers
Create Once. Connect Everywhere.
The U.S. Postal Service® is enhancing the mail experience nationwide with the Informed Delivery® feature that provides eligible residential and personal PO Box™ consumers with a digital preview of their household's mail.
Informed Delivery offers business mailers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail and digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
How to Create & Submit Your Campaign
Review these helpful resources before submitting your campaign:
- Informed Delivery Overview PDF (2 MB)
- Interactive Campaign Guide PDF (3 MB)
- Campaign Image Requirements PDF (961 KB)
- Campaign Terms and Conditions PDF (109 KB)
- Interactive Campaign FAQs PDF (294 KB)
- Users and Household Data XLSX (791 KB)
- Informed Delivery Calculator
Additional resources are available to support an Informed Delivery campaign:
Mailer Campaign Portal
- Please reference the Mailer Campaign Portal User Guide to get started.
- The Portal is available to all business mailers via the Business Customer Gateway (BCG) under the "Other Services" tab.
- Informed Delivery Mailer Campaign Portal Tutorial: How to Create Your Campaign
- Please reference the PostalOne! technical guides for Informed Delivery on PostalPro for more information.
- Contact the PostalOne! support team at USPSInformedDeliveryeDoc@usps.gov for more information.
Informed Visibility®-Informed Delivery
- Please reference the Informed Visibility-Informed Delivery Data Dictionary (XLS 31.6 KB) and Post-Campaign Sample Data Set (XLS 13.1 KB) for information on data attributes available.
- Review Informed Visibility PostalPro™ for additional information and resources.
Need additional Informed Delivery campaign support?
Email us (USPSInformedDeliveryCampaigns@USPS.gov) or call us (1-877-329-7206). Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT with the exception of federal holidays observed by USPS®.
Freville Farms & Informed Delivery
In Growing What’s Good, Freville Farm’s Sarah Friedman explores how small farms and businesses can build community and results through the creative use of mail, Informed Delivery and their digital channels.
Sarah is passionate about launching a movement: #KnowWhereYourFoodComesFrom.
This video shows her journey and how she’s leveraged tools from the United States Postal Service to grow her business and her cause.
How It Works for Consumers
Users have the ability to view grayscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-size mailpieces arriving soon. Mailpiece images are available via email notification, online dashboard, or mobile app.
The process is simple:
- Consumer signs up for Informed Delivery.
- Mail is imaged during processing.
- Images are matched to delivery points and mailer interactive campaigns are applied.
- User receives mailpiece images.
- User receives physical mailpieces.
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase the reach of their marketing campaign through a synchronized physical and digital touchpoint. This feature allows you to:
- Reach engaged consumers. Tap into an engaged user base that delivers higher-than-average email open rates.
- Increase interaction. Generate multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Encourage faster responses. Offers, interactive content, and a clear call-to-action to help increase consumer response.
- Reach customers digitally from their physical address. Expand your reach and audience base.
- Get more bang for your buck. Potentially increase return on investment (ROI) for your campaign.
- Measure campaign performance. Gain valuable data insights that can help optimize your marketing spend.
- Reference the Year in Review (May 2019-May 2020) presentation (PDF 3.7 MB) to learn about the growth and value of Informed Delivery.
Informed Delivery Calculator
The Informed Delivery Calculator allows mailers to estimate how Informed Delivery interactive campaigns can enhance their direct mail campaigns. This tool uses mail volume and spend to approximate the impact of Informed Delivery in four mailing areas: reach, attention, response, and conversions.
2020 Next Generation Campaign Awards
The Next Generation Campaign Awards™ recognize mail owners, agencies, and printers that create innovative, engaging, and effective mail campaigns. The judges have reviewed the entries and selected the finalists for the 2020 Next Generation Campaign Awards Contest.
Congratulations to the Grand Champion Award Finalists:
- "Discovery Children’s Museum Annual Fund" designed by Engage Marketing and printed by Hey Frank for Discovery Children’s Museum
- "Xfinity - Refer A Friend" designed and printed by Snap Creative Marketing for Comcast
Congratulations to the Innovative B2B Campaign Award Finalists:
- "Iggesund Paperboard 2019 Holiday Card" designed by Structural Graphics and printed by Iggesund Paperboard
- "Imagination on Display" designed and printed by Opti Print and Fulfillment for Fleetwood-Fibre
See all of the top innovative entries from the past 5 years, and get inspired to create you next campaign.