USPS Package Intercept
What It Is
USPS Package Intercept® lets you redirect a domestic shipment that hasn’t been delivered or released for delivery. It’s available for packages, letters, and flats with a tracking or extra services barcode.
You can also stop mail and packages at a Post Office™ as a Hold For Pickup. You can even request to have them redirected as Priority Mail® back to your address.
If you have a Centralized Account Payment System (CAPS) account, you can register online at the Business Customer Gateway to make your request and pay applicable fees.Sign Up
How It Works
- Verify that your shipment is eligible for Package Intercept.
- If eligible, you can submit your request online after logging in with your USPS.com account.
- After submitting your request, you’ll be provided an estimated total (intercept fee plus estimated Priority Mail postage, if applicable). We will then attempt to intercept and redirect the shipment.
- If the package is intercepted, your credit card will be charged the $14.10 Package Intercept fee plus any applicable postage. If the actual postage is greater than estimated, any additional postage will be charged accordingly.
- With Package Intercept, you can redirect mail or packages to the sender. Your local Post Office can also hold for pickup.
- Customers will not be charged if the shipment was not intercepted. If successfully intercepted, the non-refundable Package Intercept fee is applied to each intercept request.
Get Package Intercept Price Information
- USPS Package Intercept service is available for all domestic mail services, except USPS Marketing Mail™ and Periodicals.
- Only items with a USPS Tracking® barcode or extra services barcode can be intercepted.
- Packages should measure no more than 108 inches in length and girth combined.
- Package Intercept is not available for items addressed to a Commercial Mailing Receiving Agency or redirected to a PO Box.
- All intercepted items are redirected as Priority Mail®. You must pay the applicable Priority Mail postage, except when the item was originally sent using Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail, or First-Class Mail®.
- Retail and commercial customers can also purchase additional services for the intercepted package, like Adult Signature Required, Adult Signature Restricted Delivery, Signature Confirmation, and Insurance.
Add Insurance & Extra Services
- USPS Package Intercept is not available for non-mailable items, items with surface-only transportation markings, such as Label 127, Surface Mail Only, or items bearing other hazardous materials markings, such as Consumer Commodity ORM-D.
Information on Hazardous Materials