Filling Out Customs Forms Online
You usually need a customs form to ship overseas, even with APO, FPO, and DPO mail. The form you need depends on the USPS® mail service you’re using and the total value of what you're sending. Use Click-N-Ship® to print both international postage and custom forms or use the USPS Customs Forms tool to just print forms.
About Completing Customs FormsExpand All
Do all shipments need a customs form?
You do not need a customs form if you're sending First-Class Mail International® that weighs under 16 ounces.
First-Class Mail International must contain only nonnegotiable documents or correspondence.
Can I complete a customs form at the Post Office?
If you didn’t complete your customs form online or are using postage stamps on a package that requires a customs form, visit your local Post Office™ branch, fill out form PS 2976-R, and present your package at the counter to have the clerk create your label.
How can I print a shipping label and customs form?
Click-N-Ship will print a customs form for you if you use any of the services listed below and print international postage.
- First-Class Package International Service®
- Priority Mail Express International®
- Priority Mail International®
After you prepare your package, you can schedule a free Package Pickup or take your package to your local Post Office location.
Which form do I need to fill out?
For Global Express Guaranteed® (GXG®) packages:
- Fill out the GXG International Air Waybill.
- Fill out the Commercial Invoice PS Form 6182 if you’re mailing to certain destinations. Check Publication 141: Global Express Guaranteed Service Guide for individual country requirements. Insert all documents in PS Form 2976-E (plastic envelope) when complete.
- Create your GXG customs form with Click-N-Ship. You cannot complete a GXG customs form with our customs form tool.
For Priority Mail Express International® and all other USPS international services, including APO/FPO/DPO mail, use PS Form 2976-R, and take your package to the counter for the clerk to create the label.
Do I need a customs form for packages going to an APO/FPO/DPO?
In most cases, you'll need a customs form when you send shipments to military bases and embassies.
Where do I find the country-specific requirements?
Each country has specific customs requirements, which you can find in our Individual Country Listings.
Where do I find additional information about customs forms?
Check these resources for more information about required customs forms.